Jan 12, 2011

Aruna Vs Anuradha

DH was talking to a friend in India.  This friend of him is a flutist and always hums "tha dha ri na na".  The conversation started with new year wish and went on to so many things and suddenly they hopped on the music season.  I was sitting on the sofa and overhearing his talk and was much interested when they talked about music.  DH said "I have been watching the Margazhi Maha Utsavam from youtube, its very nice...I liked Vijay Siva's..." and went on.  And Chinnu drew my attention to him and I had to lose track for a moment.  Suddenly I heard DH say "Anuradha Sriram's was excellent as usual".  My heart stopped beating.  I said, "Who? Anuradha Sriram? in Margazhi Maha Uthsavam?...that too Excellent as usual?"  I could only think of "Dei kaya vechukkittu summa iruda..." when it comes to Anuradha Sriram.  DH corrected himself "hey sorry da, adhu Aruna Sairam".  I agree that their names sound similar but how can such a mistake happen?

But this is much better than calling a friend's 2 year old daughter by the friend's name, is it not?

2 comments:

  1. haha having said that Anuradha Sriram is talented too Just that she has sung some husky n silly ones but she has done some high profile ones too :)) She is in my admired list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. She carries many many positive points. She can sing in both low and high pitches but never loses her voice, she can change her voice but maintain its sweetness and what a homely look does she have. But I still can not understand how she sang such item numbers....பணம் பத்தும் செய்யும்.

    I too like a few of her songs - malligaye malligaye, anbendra mazhayile, kannan varum neram etc.

    ReplyDelete